Preparing for Birth & Beyond
With so much information, books, and advice at your disposal, learning about labor and postpartum can feel overwhelming. In this 6-week class you can skip the Google searches and learn an objective and evidence-based approach to birth and postpartum.
No matter what your birth and postpartum goals, this class taught by Cameron Seeberger will present all of your options and equip with you the wisdom you need to feel in control of your birth and feel confident in postpartum.
Join a group of expectant parents in a fun and engaging environment as we prepare for empowered births and calm postpartum experiences.
What you will learn
This 6-week course will cover topics in 3 categories:
Week 1/2 Your Body Knows Best
- Discussing misconceptions about birth
- What to expect at each stage of labor
- Birth anatomy
- Understanding of birth hormones
- How labor starts and when to leave for the hospital
Week 3/4 There is Power in Pain
- Natural comfort measures for active labor
- How to involve your partner
- Your options for pain relief
- Common medical interventions
- Advocating for yourself in labor
- Labor positions
Week 5/6 Nurture Yourself and Your Baby
- Preparing for a peaceful postpartum
- Postpartum healing and recovery
- Basics of breastfeeding
- Newborn care and newborn behaviors
- Embracing parenthood and your new normal
Class & Registration Information
ALL classes have shifted to a virtual classroom via Zoom unless specified otherwise.
Class fee includes expectant person and a birth partner.
You May Also Like
After You Baby's Birth
Comfort Measures for an Easier Labor
Questions and Answers on Hiring a Doula
Become a Member
Blossom understands the importance of creating a community of support and camaraderie for the transition into parenthood. A small class size fosters long-lasting connections among parents-to-be. In addition, Blossom hosts many opportunities for new families to return with their babies to continue the connections made in their birthing class and make even more! (See Parent-Baby Groups). Experienced Blossom Moms tell us the Community at Blossom is what sets us apart from other birth classes in the area.