Blossom's last Cal AveHalloween Event was in 2019 and last year, during those unprecedented times, we hosted a an online event for Halloween 2020. For our Cal Ave event we partnered with businesses, volunteers, performers and the city it happen with close to 1000 participants! And while we do miss them, we have learned to embrace smaller, more intimate gatherings. Fast forward to October 2021, and yes, we are still in the Pandemic. But, our children are back in school and some of have started travelling again and maybe even visiting the office a few days a week. Things are far from normal but we are getting comfortable with our "current" normal. Our recent Annual Picnic and Playdate was hosted in August and it was so great to meet up with new and old members of our community. This year looks like we could do some more in person events, socially distanced and masked of course!
Top 8 Safe Ideas to celebrate Halloween 2021:
- Join Blossom on October 30th from 10AM - 2PM at Mitchell Park for a Halloween Picnic with treats, games, and outdoor entertainment.
- Did you know October is Halloween Safety Month? Review safety tips in thisarticle by National Today.
- Coordinate with some neighbors and set houses that will follow guidelines. Go in small groups.
- Have a Monster Mash Dance Party!
- Spooky marathon movie weekend anyone?
- Host a Halloween scavenger hunt.
- Drop off falls goodies to friends and neighbors for some feel good experiences.
- Dress up and have a costume contest with friends and family on zoom.
Have a spookily safe and sweet Halloween!
The Blossom Team